May 11, 2008

A Random Act of Kindness to Share

NICE received this email and we wanted to share.

Last night I was at the grocery store with my mother. We each bought a couple of things and she was in front of me in line. One of her purchases was a box of chocolate covered cherries. The woman was paying for her purchases, we both noticed that she was counting out the last couple of dollars in change.

She apologized for holding up the line and then noticed the box of cherries. "Where did you find those? I LOVE chocolcate covered cherries. I haven't had those forever! I used to be able to sit down and eat a whole box."

My mom told her which aisle and where they were.

"Oh Well I really can't afford them anyway. But boy do they look good."

Well the woman pushed her cart out and we made our purchases. While I was paying my mom went ahead to bring the car around. As she was walking out of the store the woman was standing in the cart area looking at the bulletin board. She had her back turned to her cart so my mom dropped the box of cherries into her cart amd started to walk away.

As I walked out of the store I passed the woman and I saw her discover the box of cherries. The smile on her face was HUGE!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work.